Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Animals at Diffa

In the region there are plenty of sheeps, goats, donkeys, cows and dromedaries. This does not change so much from the Niamey region. The difference is that the donkeys had other colors than grey, like white or a little black, and that all the animals are a little "fatter", probably because there are more to eat and they work less. And I saw horses too! This is exotic as I have never seen one in Niger before. Here you can see some (or a lot of!) dromedaries at the river I'm studying:

I needed to wash my clothes one day. I looked for a bucket and it was dark. I found a pink one where the guard sits. When I took the bucket I heard something rustle. I thought it was leaves the guard had gathered, but by curiosity, instead of just emptying the bucked on the ground, and also by luck, I took the bucket to the light to look inside and found this:

This scorpion is not mortal, luckily, but poisonous. There are mortal scorpions at Diffa but they're black.

I managed to take a nice photo on a pink dragonfly:

Do you see any animal on these two last photos? I promise you there is, but it camouflages itself very well... It's the same individual on the two photos, what can it be?



I also saw a monkey, but it disappeared as soon as I saw it. One animal I didn't see is the black mamba. This does not bother me, but it would have been interesting to see one though, at a safe distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment