Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wedding

This afternoon I was at a touareg wedding. It was a very nice experience.

The differences from what I'm used to is: the families celebrate separately, I celebrated with the bride's family; the bride does not participate during the celebrations, she sits in a room with her friends while everyone else is eating and dancing; neither the groom nor the bride are present at the religious ceremony, only the families; it is in the evening they'll finally meet (of course they have met before, but not during their wedding day) . I guess we were a little more than 200 people.

This is how you cook for over 200 people:


This is what we ate. It is millet mixed with meat, meat and rice. It was good! This plate is for four people:

Afterwards you danced to touareg music. There are just some people dancing, everyone else is looking:

And I danced! It was very appreciated so apparantely I was not that bad, eventhough it was a dance I've never done before:

No comments:

Post a Comment